Today is ‘Evaluate Your Life Day’. Yes it is an official day! It is an opportunity to think about your hopes, dreams, objectives. As well as your ambitions, passions and basically what makes your happy.
Evaluating is a very much like personal goal setting. It’s about taking a long look at yourself in the mirror and challenging yourself.
Questions To Ask Yourself
- Am I who I want to be?
- What are my current goals in life?
- Am I heading toward my goals?
- What changes do I need to make in order to reach my goals?
- Am I prioritising things the the way I want to?
- What do I or can I offer to the world?
These are tough questions, but ones that will get you thinking about your next steps for both your business and your personal life. Remember without goals, you are basically just drifting through life instead of living with intention.
Tips To Help You Evaluate Your Life
Here are some tips to help you in the thought process
1) Define what success means to you on a daily basis. Do this either the night before or in the morning, but make sure your definition is achievable
2) Do that thing that you’ve actually been putting off – eat the frog because the best things usually happen outside of your comfort zone
3) Once you have defined what success will look like, decide what metric you will use to measure it.
4) At the end of the day, ask yourself “Did today matter?” But, don’t worry if the answer is no, we all have good days and we all have bad days …it’s called life.
5) Ask yourself regularly ‘How am I feeling’ and ‘what do I really want’